International and independent, CONFLUENCE is located in Lyon, a European metropole with a strong international influence.
Why Lyon ?
• for its status as a European metropole with a strong international influence
• for the quality of its institutions of higher education, its innovation hubs and its rich economic
• for its ambitious and innovative urban and architectural policies
• to be at the crossroads of European networks
• for an independent vision open to the world
CONFLUENCE, Institute for innovation and creative strategies in Architecture, is part of an
Lyon is connected by high-speed rail to many of France’s major cities and is also accessible by
train from neighboring European countries. The Lyon International Airport offers direct ights to
many European capitals and is easily reached from around the world through hourly connecting
ights from Paris.
At the center of a large redevelopment project between the Rhone and the Saone rivers and surrounded by cultural facilities and important industrial actors from research and higher education, the Confluence is at the heart of a dynamic network and acts as a real cultural hub in a unique, stimulating and inspiring environment for teachers and researchers from the entire world.
The school has strong relationships with schools, research laboratories and cultural institutions
throughout the region and encourages students to take advantage of this network. The school
provides support for students interested in pursuing supplementary coursework at partner
institutions or in nding internships in elds of interest outside of architecture.
Among other partners, CONFLUENCE has already established strong relations with :
• The “French Tech” : start-up incubator located 3min from the school
• Arty Farty & European Lab : main cultural actor of Lyon’s cultural events
• SIMPLON : coding school with a social attitude
• La Sucrière : International Art Biennale
• Musée des Confluences